The All-Party Parliamentary Corporate Responsibility Group (APCRG) has launched Constituency Awards for Responsible Businesses, asking MPs to nominate a company as their Constituency Responsible Business Champion. This is a great opportunity for local pubs, which are often a pillar of the community. So if you work at, or know of a pub that goes the extra mile by offering young people training and career opportunities, get writing to the local MP and encourage them to nominate. All Business Champions will be put forward to be selected as the National Responsible Business Champion, which will be voted for by a select judging panel. The judging panel will be looking for companies that have been active in addressing issues that the APCRG has been promoting to MPs, including their work in:
- offering young people work opportunities;
- training employees;
- supporting the local community, such as local schools;
- investing in energy efficiency;
- promoting equality & diversity in the workplace; and
- monitoring suppliers’ action on these issues.
The deadline for MPs nominations is 28 February 2015, so get nominating those worthy pubs now!