Looking for a career?
The pub and bar industry offers hundreds of careers, in everything from marketing, to finance, and of course, front of house roles like a mixologist, or waiter. It’s not unusual to start working behind the bar or in the kitchen and within two years find yourself running a lively business, and managing a diverse and dynamic team.
Where can you find out more?
Here you will find all the information and resources to kick start your career and get to grips with the industry:
- Keep up to date with all of the latest pub and bar careers news in the #HospitalityNews category
- Learn about real life experiences from those that work in the industry in the #ThisCouldBeYou category
- Vist the employer tab and find employers that offer careers
At the end of May, this website will also let you:
- Explore the professional development, qualifications and training opportunities that the industry can offer
- Check out the employers who offer the roles that suit you
- Keep an eye on the events, which will help you on your journey
Who are we?
Pub & Bar Careers is made up of a voluntary organization named The Perceptions Group, which champions the pub and bar sector and aims to show young people the wide range of career opportunities available in the industry.
The purpose of the group looks to address the negative image of careers within pubs and bars and to encourage young people to consider the sector as somewhere where they can pursue a rewarding career.
The group was formed up by a number of senior executives from across the pub and bar industry and is backed by senior members of industry and the trade associations including the BBPA (British Beer & Pub Association) and the ALMR (Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers) and the professional membership association the British Institute of Innkeeping (BII). The programme is supported by all the major pub and bar operators and suppliers to the sector.